[PLUG-TALK] O.J. and guns

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Jul 2 16:01:15 PDT 2004

Brian Beattie wrote:

>I suspect that the problem is more that victims find it hard to press
>charges and/or to "get out".  Domestic violence is a difficult and
>complex problem that does not lend it self to the 4x5 card solutions
>that so many conservatives and libertarians love.

Actually, in this state, the victim doesn't press the charges. The DA
does. Once the police are called in, and someone is taken into custody,
it doesn't make any difference if the victim wishes to drop the charges.

Yes, I know this because my friend had it happen to him. So... second
hand experience. I watched it happen, and talked with both parties.

Russ