[PLUG-TALK] Insurance vs. social guarantees

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jul 6 23:46:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, GLL wrote:
> Agreed. If PERSONAL productivity is [net personal gain] over [effort
> expended,] (and note that for salaried positions this can sometimes mean
> the reciprocal of what an employer expects of you, but never for
> comission or piecework pay scales) then the outcome of [decent
> subsistence] over [zero social input] would be infinite,
[snip... blah, blah, blah]

Sure, if PERSONAL productivity is defined as the above purely selfish
standard and is the only measure of value, then the most selfish, insular
kind of behavior would be best.

Fortunately, that's not the case.

If it's the case with YOU, well, I pity your lovers (should you find any).

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net