[PLUG-TALK] Garb counting

glen e. p. ropella gepr at tempusdictum.com
Wed Jul 7 16:54:15 UTC 2004

=><=><= "jab" == Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> writes:

jab> Public utilities should be publicly owned and managed.

Public utilities _are_ publicly owned and managed... isn't that why
they're called "public utilities"?

Private utilities should be privately owned and managed.

Is there a point to this statement?  Perhaps you meant to say "Private
utilities should be publicly owned and managed."???  But, I suppose
that would be a bit of a contradiction.

Perhaps you meant to say "Public utilities should not contract out
to private companies for servicing the public."???

I'm not being facetious or sarcastic, here.  I'm actually asking you
to clarify your moral imperative.  So don't get all defensive on me.
[grin]

p.s. I'm still waiting for you to enlighten me on some non-violent,
rapid transient, effective responses one might make to a street mugger
or rapist.... when you get time, of course.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr