[PLUG-TALK] DNS, or Why is Windows so dumb?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Jul 10 01:34:41 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Jeme" == Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> writes:

Jeme> OK, so I have a bind server with two views, internal and
Jeme> external.

Jeme> This works great because I've wildcarded the domains in the
Jeme> external view, but have many machines that do not have public IP
Jeme> addresses and, therefore, need specific, internal address
Jeme> entries.

Jeme> Works great.  Does exactly what I'd like... except for Windows
Jeme> clients.

Jeme> [...]

Jeme> So what the HELL is going on?

Have you tried ethereal?  There is a windows version too, if that is
necessary for some reason.

seniorr at aracnet.com