[PLUG-TALK] Reading, Ragheads, Assholes, and Viruses

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Jun 28 20:43:32 UTC 2004

gepr at tempusdictum.com wrote:

>However, the _single_ thing that is important, here, is the ability
>to express your opinion and be thick-skinned enough to survive the
>ichor and acid spewed back at you from those who either disagree with
>you or just don't like you.

Hear hear. or here even... :)

Michael, you, myself or anyone else has the right to spout off with
whatever they deem fit for consumption by others.

At the same time, we MUST take responsibility for that which we verbally
foist on others. And, if what we choose to espouse on them is not among
in agreement with the audience at hand, expect to be chastised in return.

That being said, I also must say that I try to practice my right to not
listen on occasion. There comes a time when it's pointless to continue
because neither party will change it's position.

>So, props to Michael for continuing to speak, regardless of whether
>anything he says or ever will say is sensible or persuasive.  (But
>I do wish these opinions would stay on plug-talk.)

Choosing a proper venue is very important. Many times, the message is
lost because of this.

>p.s. I'm currently debating getting a concealed-carry license.  But,
>it's against my firm political belief that my right to _carry_ (which,
>if you check the etymology, "bear" seems to extrapolate from "bher",
>which means "to carry") without informing the neo-fascists that I am,
>in fact, carrying.  So, what I _really_ should do is _not_ get the
>license but carry anyway.  But, I have to measure the payoff matrix
>for breaking this particular law... Perhaps I should build a game
>theoretic model that treats the issue?

Ah, but is it really against the constitution to register said arms?
And did the founders really mean long rifles when they wrote that
amendment, or did they mean to include pistols? If they meant all arms,
does that mean I can have a nuke?

Russ