[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Mad SCO Disease

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Jun 30 00:06:20 UTC 2004

Russell Senior wrote:

>Well, they won't (at least not as soon) because they are controlling
>their population growth in another way.  But isn't your model of
>"survival of the fittest" predicated on resource scarcity becoming
>particularly acute and such a sorting out becoming necessary?

Not entirely.  We (humankind) has started "saving" lives that would have
never survived without a lot of intervention. Then, arguably, those that
wouldn't have been around to procreate, do procreate, and we end up with
genes in the pool that would have died out... possibly due to
non-viability.

That's natural selection/survival of the fittest in a nutshell, and it
has nothing to do with resources.

Russ