[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Mad SCO Disease

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Jun 30 01:13:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 18:05 -0700, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 gepr at tempusdictum.com wrote:
> > The topic was Jeme's deceitful attempt to teach us properties of the
> > real world.  The real world is not managed via fear and violence because
> > of people like Rob.  That's putting the cart before the horse.
>
> Well, the only reason we still have horses is because people like Rob keep
> building the damned carts!

I like the way I've become the reason behind violence in society and not
the criminals....

Jeme, perhaps if you just rationally convinced all those out to do
society harm they need to instead love everybody and not cause such
problems, I wouldn't ever feel a need to carry a gun.

I don't think this discussion (about carrying concealed firearms) really
needs to directly relate to the future of the world as a whole... isn't
it as simple as:

There are people out there who would do me harm for no fault of my own.
I can protect myself in some small way against these people by carrying
a gun which would do far more harm to them to stop them from doing harm
to me.  Problem solved.

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.