[PLUG-TALK] Television (Toxic?)

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 30 06:56:34 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> writes:

Russell> LOL.  That seems like a bad bet though.  Television is so
Russell> toxic these days, it is only a matter of time before everyone
Russell> stops watching.

Russ> Obviously you haven't seen how people have been flocking to
Russ> American Idol, Survivor or Fear Factor.

You are right, I haven't seen that.  I've never seen any of those
programs.  I only just realized tonight, when a new vcr autoscanned
channels, that a whole bunch of UHF stations are on the air that
didn't exist back when I was still watching (about 7 years ago).

Russ> Low brow is at a new low, and a lot of the public is eating it
Russ> up.

I suppose that is possible, albeit quite depressing.  I have the
impression that overall audience is down, though.  Perhaps the low
brow audience is all that remains watching.

seniorr at aracnet.com