[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Webmail server suggestions

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri May 7 08:23:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, AthlonRob wrote:
> I'm going to take this moment to not go off on too much of a political
> rant.  ;-)
>
> I do want to say, though, I'm regularly surprised at how democrats can
> be so consistently shocked that anybody voted for a republican, saying
> "but I don't know ANYBODY who voted for him!" while that just doesn't
> happen the other way around.

And _I_ am consistently shocked that every Republican thinks that people
who oppose Bush are Democrats.

I suppose that's how the nation is kept so hopelessly right-wing -- by
flat denial of the existence of the left.  (This is done because, I think,
the exposure of the radical left would show how far right the Democratic
party is and that there is only the tiniest gap between the
mainstream-right and the most right you can imagine.  Most people are most
comfortable defining themselves as moderates or "middle of the road".
Public discourse across the political spectrum would push the average
person far left of the pathetic Democratic Party so discussion is
carefully steered as far right as possible.)

> I think it says something about the general awareness of the two
> parties...

I think the phrase "the two parties" says something about the general
awareness of Americans.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin