[PLUG-TALK] Recommended Local Charities for Clothing Donation?

Mark Morgan lemming at quirkyqatz.com
Mon May 24 16:04:52 UTC 2004

Galen Seitz said:
> Paul Mullen <pem at nellump.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a pile of old (but still perfectly serviceable) clothes that I'm
>> no longer interested in keeping for myself. In the past I've taken my
>> leftovers to Goodwill, but reading in a newspaper article that the
>> CEO/President/whatever takes home 500 K$ a year was a tad off-putting.
>> Does anyone have any favorite local charitable groups that would accept
>> such a donation? Any worthy thrift shops, etc?
>>

> thearc.org
> http://www.williamtemple.org/
>
> While looking for web addresses, I stumbled onto this:
>   http://www.charitynavigator.org/
> It might be worth a look.

Galen, thanks for the links.  Paul, thanks for thinking to donate.
I volunteer and it boggles the mind when I see some of the figures other
charities pay thier CEO's etc...  (Ours is all volunteer and last years
total budget was 20K)

-Mark
www.kittydream.org
p.s. We're not accepting clothing for our garage sales this year...