[PLUG-TALK] I don't like a certain change on plug...

Darkhorse plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sun Nov 7 20:43:35 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 11:25, Don Buchholz wrote:
> Your "To:" line says it all ... this is exactly what PLUG-TALK is
> for -- and it's where the Monica billboard should've been posted.
> Posting that to the main list was just plain stupid.
>
> In fact, it's probably a good thing I don't run the mail list,
> there are a lot of folks who post OT stuff to the main list.
> My approach to that would be (a) delete them from the list,
> and (b) let them figure out they'd been tossed, and (c) make
> 'em fill out the subscribe form and re-up (with no penalty).
> But, hey, I'm a BOFH fan, and proud of it! :-)
>
> I honestly doubt you've been filtered (at the server side)--
> your Panther OS posting came through.

Not right away it didn't.

You're not very generous calling the Monica post stupid, but then I
guess I'm the only person who considers it impolite to call someone
else's views stupid.  Should this list really be called
plug-denigrater, plug-atheist, plug-fascist, or
plug-politically-correct?

So if I have an opinion about filtering on plug it belongs on plug-talk,
that's a nice.

I liked the post on plug by someone who suggested that there was
so much comment it was shaping up to be something that may merit
more discussion.  I didn't say anything cutting I didn't apologize
for, can't speak for other folks though.  I can't speak for the
lay off the meth and shut the fxxk up comments I've received, I
guess those comments say something about their posters.

If I had said Minnis is stupid or Bush is a loser, I bet noone
would have commented negatively.  One person privately emailed
me that it's about time someone colored the plug list
differently.  I won't defend the Go to Hell comment the way
this person did, but maybe this person is right that it needed
to be said.

Multnomah County is braindead when it comes to voting, but for the most
part the rest of the state's counties went red.  I watched the Portland
Mayor's race. both candidates are openly pro marriage should be applied
to same sex couples.  Portlander's didn't have a choice in that race.
Do these two men even realize that measure 36 passed?  Multnomah county
is at odds with the rest of Oregon and really should secede.  This would
make the voting more fair.  The only other solution is abandoning the
electoral college and going to a straight popular vote.  Turn out was
78% or so average nationwide, but we can do better if it ceases to
matter where you vote for president.  If you voted for Bush in Oregon,
you didn't vote for him at all.  That's just wrong as close as the two
candidates were to each other.  It's not democratic.  Bush took the
popular vote and Kerry was still trying to challenge him.  What a poor
loser.