Was [PLUG-TALK] I don't like a certain change on plug...

Darkhorse plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Fri Nov 12 05:28:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 20:00, Russ Johnson wrote:
> Darkhorse wrote:
>
> >Are they?
> >
> Yes they are.
>
> >Believe it or not, the visible politics at many
> >educational institutions are strongly biased.  We don't need gay pride
> >days in schools for example where we step on people who consider
> >marriage something reserved for a man and a woman.
> >
> Two different issues. Gay pride has nothing to do with marriage.
> Celebrating diverse forms of sexuality does not translate into
> homosexual marriage.
>
> If we can't have gay pride day, then we can't have other celebrations
> either, including Presidents day, Veterans day, or anything else.

I disagree strongly.  You don't see a hederosexual pride day being
celebrated nationwide.  Don't discriminate against gays with a gays
can't be married attitude is totally what gay pride day is about.
It's a political celebration that favors and elevates homosexuality
over hederosexuality.  We aren't talking about standing up against
those who will physically attack a homosexual or deny a homosexual
basic human rights when we're talking about gay pride day.  If gay
pride day was about ensuring the same safety for a homosexual that
your average hederosexual is aassured and making sure the homosexual
can mix with others in society with the least amount of tension
possible, I might be able to support it.  Unfortunately, it's about
creating tension with a message,
"we're gay and you better take notice of it."  Society owes the gay
something and is going to lose if it doesn't pay up.  To those
gays who feel this way, fat chance.

Is the Vagina monologoues play about recognizing lesbian women as no
less human than hererosexual women?  No, it's an overtly political
play characterized by lurid pornography and live sex acts between a
lesbian and a female victim promoting a sexual lifestyle most
hederosexuals, and even some homosexuals, reject.
Isn't it interesting that there are posters promoting Vagina
monologoues at PSU, one of the reasons I abolutely detest the
institution.

We have had President's day, Veteran's day, etc. far longer than
any gay pride day.  And that's assuming gay pride day is recognized
by the nation as a whole.  It isn't, no act of Congress etc.
should ever give it recognition as a legitimate holiday either.
Lifestyle is different than skin color and does not fall under
the discrimation umbrella the same way.  Lifestyle is something
people can and do judge.  Unlike physical attributes such as
skin color, lifestyle can and usually does follow a person's
character.  The marriage debate was not about equality.  The
gay agenda is not about equality in hiring and personal
safety for homosexuals, it's about making the Will and Grace
world where casual homosexual sex is common and preferred
a reality.  The gay agenda is clearly about casting sex as a
recreational activity that should be equally accepted if it's
between homosexual or hederosexual partners.
Promiscuity shouldn't be promoted at all in my opinion,
regardless of whether it's homosexual or hederosexual.

If you want to be proud of a homosexual be proud of those who loved the
Catholic church and lived a lifestyle in accordance with it's teaching
producing some of the most profound art of all time.  Don't be proud of
the Will and Grace homosexual.  Look to the homosexual that's an
ordinary person in the community living alone or in a brother
brother/sister sister type lifestyle.  Good examples of the model
homosexual are those two men who campaigned as homosexuals to vote
in favor of measure 36 on statewide television.  They are defenders
of marriage and supporters of society.  They thought of more than
just themselves.