[PLUG-TALK] Re: Col Co.

Darkhorse plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Fri Nov 12 21:39:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 13:01, Alan wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 07:56, GLL wrote:
> > : >I don't understand why Columbia County is so stridently democratic.
> > :
> > : Many of the folks in Columbia county are escapees from Multinomah
> > : county. They took their big city ways to the country.
> >
> > Not only that, but Columbia County, and especially a certain few streets in
> > St. Helens and Scappoose, are the social-service dumping grounds of the
> > unemployable. They know that the Dem party is the way to choose to keep them
> > checks-for-free coming, and also preserve illicit sex without consequences.
> > If the border moved west by 10 miles of US 30 to slice out those two towns,
> > Columbia Co would vote as proportionately pro-life, and anti-free-ride as the
> > rest of the rural counties.
>
> Rural counties are "anti-free ride" unless it is their roads and
> services that they want paid for.

> Rural counties use much more tax dollars than they generate.

> My phone taxes have been going to upgrade your phone service since
> before I was born.

A phone line in Scappoose is $13/month and for long distance service so
that your local area includes more than just Scappoose, you're talking
another $12/month on top of the $13.  The big city doesn't pay for
telephone service in Scappoose, the residents here do.  The $13
is non negotiable.  There are no toll lines, there's no way around
paying at least $13/month fora phone line.  So don't lecture me on how
you supposedly pay for the service out here.

     --  Michael Robinson