Was [PLUG-TALK] I don't like a certain change on plug...

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun Nov 14 14:34:33 UTC 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Russ Johnson wrote:
> Yes, and I believe that's what needs to change. People getting welfare
> need to understand that they will eventually not get benefits (like
> unemployment, it eventually runs out) so they need to work towards
> getting off the public dole.

And if they can't find some way to please a rich person and get their
survival subsidized?  What then?  Debtors' prisons?

> Unfortunately, the "progressive" folks in office have realized that
> keeping these people on the dole virtually guarantees that they will
> vote (if they do) for the folks that give the handout.

That somehow manages to be both cynical and naive, Russ.  Good job.

First, I'll tell you that there are pretty much NO progressive folks in
office.  The best you can find is "liberal" and that's like calling a
Republican a Libertarian.

Second, your implication that progressive politics are motivated by greed
and desire for power is nothing more than projection.  The need to
perpetuate public assistance is in direct correlation to the economy's
need to perpetuate un- and under-employment.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net