[PLUG-TALK] Transportation arrangements

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Thu Nov 25 14:57:18 UTC 2004

Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> wrote:

> Jeme> Bicycles are probably best and certainly the fastest means of
> Jeme> transportation between PSU and the Lab.
>
> I can attest to the truth of this.  It is a source of continual
> amazement (both as bicyclist and as automobilist).  However, in the
> absense of a bicycle, you need only raise your hand at the meeting in
> order to find a willing supplier of a ride.  The usual invocation is
> something like: "Can someone give me a ride to the Lab?" or if you had
> good parents: "Can someone please give me a ride to the Lab?"

Alternatively, you could walk east to 6th, catch any bus up to Madison,
walk east to the closest #14 bus stop(4th?), and take the #14 across
the river.  The #14 has frequent service until ~midnight.

Getting to the Lab is really the easy part, since you can catch a ride
with almost anyone.  Getting home is more of problem, since drivers
may leave before you want to go, or may be heading in the wrong direction.
Thus it would be helpful to know where you live.

BTW, if you choose to ride your bike to the Lab and subsequently have too
much to drink, keep in mind that bike passes are no longer required when
taking your bike on TriMet.

galen