[PLUG-TALK] interesting book

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Oct 2 18:45:13 UTC 2004

Piet van Weel writes:
> Please keep your political views off the linux group...

Piet, you are subscribed to the wrong mailing list, you want "plug",
not "plug-talk".  Here are the charters for the two lists:

PLUG     	General Linux discussion and assistance
PLUG-talk 	Random clatter and time wasting chat

Russell's post about the book and about politics is interesting and
well written, and even though I disagree with many of his opinions,
the post is an excellent contribution to plug-talk.  In fact, it may
violate the charter by being too well written.  :-)

I am glad my friends share their books with me, I am glad they feel
empowered to speak up, and I am glad they describe their thought processes
to me ( so I can sympathize with them and then correct them :-)  ).
Piet, go ahead and share your own political views on plug-talk, that
is one of the things this list is for.   If you feel the need to
correct someone on their usage of a mailing list, go after the folks
yammering politics about "Tom Potter ..." on the main list right now.
That is an example of something that should be on plug-talk, and that
is why this list was created, to maintain the focus of the main list.

Oh, and some people in PLUG don't like top posting, or quoting whole
postings without summarizing.  I don't mind much, but please try to
avoid these errors if you desire respect from others.