[PLUG-TALK] Re: Misc.

GLL guy1656 at ados.com
Mon Oct 4 14:59:16 UTC 2004

: > a .44 black powder six shooter.
:
: Are you even able to find bullets for that or are you relegated to
: 'rolling your own' ?

Typically, cap-and-ball revolvers rely on a slight press-fit squeeze when
lever action of the press shears off this eentsy ring of lead all around.

.44 cap-and-ball revolvers typically load .457 roundball, and those are
readily available. Meanwhile (Dave?) Corbin sells swaging kits for folks who
REALLY wanna 'roll their own' (applies especially for rolling the cannelure
around a jacket.)

Separately, since this is plug-TALK, personally, I gotta stick with the SHrub,
evem though I have many reasons to loathe him - the foremost being that I
think he's a lil' dumber than most -ANYBODY- involved in technology.

But Kerry fabricating that 'Treblinka square' imagery during the debate - did
anyone catch that? He described actually 'being there' and going downstairs
to some room full of KGB files.

Now, if he meant to say 'Lubyanka,' well that was a prison and torture center
for political prisoners being processed out to the gulags, but Lubyanka
wasn't a KGB center of operations, it was a 'regular' city police prison.

Treblinka, meanwhile, was a Nazi concentration camp in Poland.

What the hell was Kerry making up? Sure he can be a great speaker, and roll
numbers and factoids authoritatively out of his mouth, but how much of
everything ELSE he said was just made-up bull-crap?

The previous post which set me off on this was the Kerry as priest thing =
communion. For Catholics, despite the Novus Ordo attempts to make the Mass
sound like little more than a communal 'meal,' (many of the 1970's era pablum
songs they sing call 'altar' a 'table,' etc.) the Mass is still actually a
'sacrifice.' Yeah, there is a Victim, and an Oblation, and all that. To
associate Kerry in positive terms with a Catholic rite or title such as
'priest,' given his anti-Catholic voting record is just INSANE.

It's like claiming that Bill Gates is good for Linux.