[PLUG-TALK] Re: Misc.

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Oct 4 19:44:34 UTC 2004

>>>>> "AthlonRob" == AthlonRob  <AthlonRob at axpr.net> writes:

Russell> Assuming AthlonRob isn't short for Roberta, I don't think you
Russell> quite appreciate the mortal danger that bearing a child _can_
Russell> represent, even today.  That risk is something that should be
Russell> chosen (or not) by those running it, not by the North
Russell> American Chapter of the Taliban.

AthlonRob> Quote me some mortality rates... I'll bet they're pretty
AthlonRob> low.

Roughly 1 in 10,000.  Might seem low to you, but then you aren't
running it.  And then there is morbidity.

AthlonRob> And guess what... 99% of the time, there's a distinct
AthlonRob> choice made in the matter before a child is born.  You
AthlonRob> chose to have sex knowing there's a really good chance that
AthlonRob> activity will lead to you becoming pregnant.

So, are you saying that if the woman did _not_ make the choice
(e.g. was raped), abortion is okay?  Isn't the unborn child still
innocent?  Or is pregnancy punishment for sinful behavior, and if so
what is the man's penalty?

I say, let's have freedom and reject the Taliban approach.

seniorr at aracnet.com