[PLUG-TALK] Michael Badnarik in PDX October 19

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Oct 16 04:01:07 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> Amongst all the wackos here, there are some Libertarian wackos,
Keith> so this is for you.

Keith> Libertarian Presidential candidate Michael Badnarik will endure
Keith> yet another reception at [...]

Keith> So, waste your vote, or vote your waist !  Just remember to do
Keith> it with love in your heart, and junk food in each hand!

I saw him (along with three others: Nader, the Green fellow and the
Constitution Party guy) on PBS's NOW program a week ago.  And although
I disagree with him politically on lots of things, you have to respect
his sincerity.  That goes for all four of them, actually.

On the other hand, in the election that now faces us, I have been
saying this to people:

  "There are times in this country when we can afford to be
   delusional.  This isn't one of them."

Despite the flaws in our electoral system that prevent a wider
diversity of political choices, a real opportunity to express our
preferences without being self-destructive, flaws that I think ought
to be fixed ASAP, people who think as I do that Bush is a-rolling-
disaster-that-must-be-stopped-before-it-kills-again have *exactly
_one_ choice*.

seniorr at aracnet.com