[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Streaming Video on Linux

Michael Robinson robinsom at robinson-west.com
Sat Sep 4 02:10:46 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 13:19, Paul Johnson wrote:
> <#secure method=pgp mode=sign>
>
> Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >
> >> Unless the state has stopped listening to Karen Minnis (R, wood village,
> >> and isn't going to get my vote next month after her anti-open-source
> >> stupidity), then RealPlayer is all you need.
> >
> > You're in her district, too? I must say that she has her good
> > points, too.
>
> Could I get some examples on -talk, please?  Since I started following
> Wood Village politics last year, Minnis has been the central axis of
> stupid.

Ahh, stupid must be code for saying your a conservative.  At least
she's against declaring homosexual couples and for that matter
cousin cousin couples married.  I'm sure somebody wants to marry
their dog Fido too, short of Fido objecting.

As far as open source goes and being smart or not, what specifically
do you find wrong?  It's funny that people try to claim Kerry's
voting record doesn't make him a flip flop on the war even though
he goes from supporting it, to not supporting it, to...  What is
Karen Minnis, or any other legislator for that matter, doing to
discourage use of open source software?  Instead of complaining,
how about explaining what you think should be done?

     Michael