[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Streaming Video on Linux

Michael Robinson robinsom at robinson-west.com
Sat Sep 4 17:27:26 PDT 2004

> I'm not against civil unions, either.  And given the number of gay
> people in Wood Village, I think she's likely to lose her seat over
> that issue.

I am, it's kinder to encourage two lesbians or two gays to live as
sister and sister or brother and brother than it is to offer
anything that even suggests marriage.  Gays and lesbians don't
need marriage so that they can divorce.  Children deserve to
be born out of the loving union of a man and a woman.  If God wanted
two men or two women to have children without anyone else involved
naturally, we wouldn't be sexual beings.  The compassionate answer
to same sex couples seeking marriage is no.  Civil Unions are just
another name for marriage, not a compromise.  I'm against civil
unions, but for those couples who promise to live like siblings
maybe there should be a group insurance plan that includes multiple
homosexual couples and doesn't prevent any individual receiving it
from keeping his/her insurance without remaining with the group.