[PLUG-TALK] Prescription Drugs, problems with John Kerry...

Michael Robinson robinsom at robinson-west.com
Sun Sep 5 15:43:04 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 13:02, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> First, this does not seem to be about Streaming Video on Linux.
> If a poster is too lazy to change a subject line, perhaps they
> are careless about their opinions, too.

True.  It's plug-talk though and I'm expecting a little more
leniency on the thread title.

I hope you don't mean that your wife will use anything that works
regardless of what the treatment involves.  Fortunately with the
fetal stem cell controversy, they are of no use for curing any
disease.  Adult stem cells are a very different story though.
There are 45 cures using adult stem cells.  Fetal stem cells,
which can't be harvested without killing someone, have caused
cancers and tumors in patients that doctors have tried them on.

John Kerry doesn't appear interested in capping medical liability.
There should be the ability to sue big time in cases of real
malpractice, but there needs to be a liability cap to keep good
doctors practicing.  We don't want all the doctors turning in
their medical licenses and quitting because of excessive liability
costs.