[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Streaming Video on Linux

Michael Robinson robinsom at robinson-west.com
Sun Sep 5 20:43:05 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 18:20, Russell Senior wrote:

> Michael> Why did he give Bush authority to go to war against Iraq if
> Michael> he didn't believe in going to war?
>
> To get UN inspectors into Iraq.  That part worked.  Of course longer
> term, it depended on Bush not being a liar.  On that basis, it failed.

At least the Iraqis are generally glad to see Saddham gone.  Strange
that the people who fought the war, not the beneficiaries in Iraq,
are the ones upset about it.  If you're unhappy about the intelligence,
why won't you blame the Iraqi exile we trusted so much and Clinton
for gutting the intelligence service during the eight year period
before Bush?  Clinton had a chance to get Bin Laden, he had missiles
fired at an innocent pharmacy instead.

-----Subject: Fw: Very Cool Statue

This statue currently stands outside the Iraqi palace,  now home to the
4th
 Infantry division. It will eventually be shipped home and put in the
 memorial museum in Fort Hood, Texas.

The statue was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was
 forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of
Saddam
 that dotted Baghdad.

Kalat was so grateful for the Americans liberation of his country; he
melted
 3 of the heads of the  fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial
 the American soldiers and their fallen warriors.  Kalat worked on this
 memorial night and day for several months.

To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the
soldier
 comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.

Do you know why we don't hear about this in the news?  Because it is
heart
 warming and praiseworthy.  The media avoids it because it does not have
the
 shock effect that a flashed breast or controversy of politics does.
But
 we can do something about it.   We can pass this along to as many
people as
 we can in honor of all our brave military who is making a difference.

JPEG image