[PLUG-TALK] Re: PLUG-talk Digest, Vol 7, Issue 3

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sun Apr 3 22:50:15 UTC 2005

plug_0 at robinson-west.com wrote:

>(
>Terry has died.  Her body, home of her spirit and a home for
>the triune God, will not be buried in one place, but dispersed as
>mere dust.  No life support system has ever kept a person alive
>indefinitely, this is beyond the abilities of medical science.
>No natural means of prolonging a human life indefinitely exists.
>
>No extraordinary means of life support were used in Terry Shiavo's
>case as defined by the late pope, John Paul II.  Ordinary means
>weren't employed either.
>
>Show a little respect for the recently deceased Terry Shiavo Russ.
>The Pope was not murdered.  There's little if anything that life
>support could have done for him.  Terry Shiavo was murdered
>through the witholding of the most basic care a patient can
>receive.
>)

And once again, you prove that you can not discuss things in a rational
manner.

The fact that they both have died does not make the debate moot. In
fact, it makes the debate all that more important. But you choose to
hide behind rhetoric.

According to the law, no one was murdered. Given the same circumstances,
I would like to be treated with the same compassion, and let my brain
dead body expire, rather than wither away to nothing resembling the
beautiful person that once inhabited this ugly bag of mostly water.

Of course, I should have known that you, in your religious zeal, would
sidestep all the questions put before you, and not really think about
the truth of this matter. It's so much easier to simply decide to adopt
the party line, and not actually make a decision for yourself. But then,
you don't believe in free-will either, do you.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #3 (Collect all 25)
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein