[PLUG-TALK] What to do when the telemarketer calls

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Apr 13 14:45:07 UTC 2005

Paul Johnson wrote:

>Given that more people are hurt or
>killed by people driving while on the phone than people who drive
>under the influence of anything these days, it's time that the state
>impound the vehicle and suspend the license of any driver for a year
>for talking on the phone while operating a vehicle and revoke it for
>life on the second.

No, it's time for the cops to enforce the laws that are already on the
books.

"Driving while encumbered" is the act of driving while doing ANYTHING
that interferes with your ability to drive. My gf got a ticket for
driving while holding a coke in her lap because it interfered with her
ability to properly control the vehicle.

I've asked several cops, and yes, it's still on the books, and yes, it
would apply, if the cops would enforce it.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #7 (Collect all 25)
"I am bigger than anything that can happen to me. All these things, sorrow, misfortune, and suffering, are outside my door. I am in the house, and I have the key." - Charles Fletcher Lummis