[PLUG-TALK] Those worthless marriage licenses in Multnomah County...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sat Apr 16 01:36:53 UTC 2005

Here's a thought, let the desperately cash strapped Multnomah
County keep your $60 if you paid for one of these.  It's a
shame that the Multnomah County taxpayer will lose on this
one.  How many of these were printed?

That so many of these couples want a refund, that's downright
unpatriotic.  It's not like $60 is an enormous amount of money
for most people.  This money would be better spent on Multnomah
County's public school system or perhaps abuse prevention
education.

If only dissolution of marriage were as easy for certain heterosexual
couples where abuse is a problem and it's needed.  Some homosexuals
aren't married anymore and that's that.  This is not the case for
millions of women trying to escape abusive male ex-husbands.  Some
things just don't make sense.  I would even once like to see a
woman granted the right to walk away, with her children, from
a mentally abusive male ex husband shortly after being granted a
divorce.  For homosexuals, there generally won't be children.
"You can have your money back, the people of Oregon just had a
difference of opinion with us."  But If you're a woman wanting
to grab her children and take them away from a mentally abusive
male husband, you're out of luck.

For homosexuals who have a lot of money, I hope they consider
doing something patriotic with it.

     --  Michael C. Robinson