[PLUG-TALK] Re: PLUG-talk Digest, Vol 7, Issue 19

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sun Apr 17 02:43:21 UTC 2005

> Nice troll bait.
>
> As Paul said "They paid money for services unrendered."

Is troll bait simply an opinion you don't like?
If I had ripped on the people of Oregon for rendering the
licenses invalid, would you be calling that Troll bait?
I bet not.  I consider it unpatriotic to cause Multnomah
county an expense for something that ultimately turned
out to be illegal in the end and then demand a refund.
Do these refunds signal that anyone can demand something
from Multnomah County that will later be ruled illegal
regardless of the cost to this county, a cost that it's
taxpayers have to pay?

I would at least like to see Multnomah County be
rationale and not refund any fees related to the
staffing and printing services that were used
to produce these bogus marriage licenses.  Perhaps
mistakes like this one can partially explain why
Multnomah County has such high taxes in the first
place.  If the county had waited for the statewide
decision, it would be in better shape today
financially.  Perhaps there wouldn't be a fair
number of people angered by the fact that they
now have meaningless pieces of paper which cost
them $60 or more if Multnomah county had waited.

An uprising would be what, grounds for the national guard
to come in?  I hope it doesn't come to that.  If certain
Multnomah County Commissioners would take a chill pill
and let the legal processes in this state work the
way they normally do, a lot of people, including myself,
would be very much appreciative.  These commisioners
didn't entertain any open debates on the issue, they
acted unilaterally.  There was at least one
commissioner against granting the licenses, he was
gagged though.  Forgive me if I have very little
sympathy for those who tried to take advantage of the
decisions of a few radical, above the law,
commissioners.

If the individuals who participated in this illegal activity
are refunded that's one thing, but if the national guard has
to be brought in to put down a riot that will be totally
wrong.

Those who have bogus marriage licenses freely and willingly
took a risk.  They have no right to attack the county or the
state becuase that risk didn't pay off.  I feel about as
unsympathethic to vocal people who now have bogus marriage
licenses as I do towards homosexuals in the military that
say decisions on whether or not they can serve their country
as active combat soldiers are entirely their own.

If you can serve as a homosexual soldier honorably, okay.
If a large percentage of homosexuals in the military
are problematic and the military wants to remove all
homosexuals from it's ranks, I'm okay with that.  In all
fairness, there should be a debate on whether or not men
and women should be fighting alongside each other in
combat situations paralleling the debate surrounding
homosexual soldiers.  Having a one gender military with
the most common sexual orientation out there,
heterosexual, makes the most sense to me from the
standpoint of efficiency.  Sexual misconduct can be
a big problem for the military.  Any sexually deviant
soldier should be discharged regardless of his/her
orientation.  Look at the affects of the heinous acts
of a minority group of soldiers at Abu Ghraib on our
nation's reputation in the world.  The soldiers in
those videos we saw carrying out inhumane tortures
should be dishonorably discharged regardless of
their sexual orientation as soon as there is proof
of the video footage's authenticity.