[PLUG-TALK] Maps of Oregon

glen e. p. ropella gepr at tempusdictum.com
Mon Apr 18 19:43:51 UTC 2005

=><=><= "rs" == Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> writes:

rs> BTW, Glen mentions maps of Oregon.  This last week I've been having a
rs> blast playing with GRASS and a set of 12 7.5-minute (10-meter
rs> resolution) DEMs around Mt Hood that I patched together.  It is almost
rs> as much fun as looking out of an airplane window, but without the
rs> motion sickness.  I've discovered at least three things I never
rs> grasped moving around on the surface about the geology of Mt Hood that
rs> were just patently obvious looking at the DEMs, and I am pretty
rs> familiary with the area.  Almost as mesmerizing as watching
rs> HeatBugs. ;-)

rs> Here's a link to an example (about 900k):

rs>    <http://www.aracnet.com/~seniorr/mthood.png>

This is very cool.  If you don't mind, I'd like to see how you set
this up, where you got the data, how you "patched" things together,
etc.

I've played with GRASS before; but, not enough to really be familiar.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr