[PLUG-TALK] Microsoft Patents 911 Systems

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 21 01:16:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Paul Johnson wrote:

> I wish, it might be funny for the right reasons instead of sad for all the
> wrong reasons.

   My first thought: a delayed April Fool's joke. But, it's real. I don't know
if the patent is on the use of xml and .NET -- only -- or all 911 systems. If
the latter, I'd think there're plenty of grounds to demonstrate prior art.
After all, they've been in use for a couple of decades, at least.

   I suppose that with all the cash Microsoft has we won't see any politicians
putting a stop to this.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)