[PLUG-TALK] Testing, 1 ... 2 ... 3

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 5 20:10:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Piet van Weel wrote:

> I know the feeling...

Piet,

   How interesting! I never received my message, but your reply came through.

   /var/log/maillog showed I was being flooded with smtp attempts from a
server in Mexico. I shut down postfix for 4-5 minutes and that seemed to halt
the flood. But, still no messages from what are normally quite active mail
lists. After I reloaded postfix messages started dribbling in.

   I guess that other than the stream of bits from down south it's really been
an unusually slow mail day.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |  Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"