[PLUG-TALK] Any lispers out there? Newbie needs booster shot

Renegade Penguin renegadepenguin at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 02:21:01 UTC 2005

Hi Brent,

No, actually he said that I'd said Lisp was ONLY an academic language,
but I said it was MORE of an academic language.  He totally ignored
that, harped on some other issue, and showed circular reasoning.  He's
gotten in a lot of trouble for being contrary (trolling and flaming) and
that's only the time I've been here - a couple months.

Then he posts the MANUFACTURERS comments, not anything like independent
reviews.

I have a very thick skin, but little tolerance for stupidity.  Ignorance
can be educated, but stupidty has no remedy.  Therefore I won't be privy
to Russell's diatribes.

Also note that I said I am glad Carlos (and others) like Lisp - they can
like it, but I offered my opinion about why Lisp doesn't succeed in
major commercial ways.

And note that without Russell's input, things are actually fairly
flame-free around here.  I responded to you no problem, as you seemed
quite civil.

RP