[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Securing Initial Accounts in MySQL

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Sat Dec 3 18:56:59 UTC 2005

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> I *spit* on "extended subsets of the standard". :)

To avoid the trap that you describe what can a new to SQL programming
person do to ensure the feature just looked up in the docs is part of
the standard and not an extended subset.

I think MySQL's auto-imcrement falls into the extended set, but I"m not
sure and it is handy.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity