[PLUG-TALK] HR4569, the "Destroy Electronics in America Act"

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Tue Dec 27 03:07:04 UTC 2005

On Monday 26 December 2005 06:45 pm, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > ... everybody from there moving here.
>
>    This out migration has been occurring for at least 30 years. In the
> mid-1970s one of the Biology grad students at Idaho State U. made and sold
> tee-shirts with the legend, "Don't Californicate Idaho." He sold quite a
> few of 'em.

I used to have a "Stop Californicating Oregon" sticker, but it was on my old
car.  Right next to the sticker that said "Friends Don't Let Friends Use
AOL."

It's a bummer Tom McCall's dead now.  We need like someone to drive Oregon's
tourism, since it seems like too many tourists forget to leave when they're
done now.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo at ursine.ca