[PLUG-TALK] HR4569, the "Destroy Electronics in America Act"

glen e. p. ropella gepr at tempusdictum.com
Tue Dec 27 15:24:12 UTC 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Paul Johnson wrote:
>
>> It's a bummer Tom McCall's dead now. We need like someone to drive
>> Oregon's tourism, since it seems like too many tourists forget to leave
>> when they're done now.
[...]
> Perhaps that's because it is a constant reminder that we're aging and
> mortal.

This reminds me of the vegetative idea of putting up a great wall
between us and Mexico to prevent illegal immigtration.  CA is
over-populated.  Californians have lots of babies.  Those babies have to
go somewhere.  As long as there is habitable territory within traveling
distance of CA, Californians will emmigrate.  And they'll hurdle _any_
obstacle you might put in their way.

To go back to Keith's original purpose, the same is true for legal
walls.  I'm more of a libertarian than Keith is, I suspect.  I say let
the entertainment industry (and legislators) push any law they want.
It's not a law until it's tested in court.  And even then, there will
always be script kiddies and disenfranchised moorlocks to scale any such
walls.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                Hail Eris!
H: 503-630-4505                       http://ropella.net/~gepr