[PLUG-TALK] webcast/podcast sites

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Dec 28 00:34:22 UTC 2005

I found the webcast site for the British Royal Society, with some
interesting slide shows:

http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/page.asp?id=1110

I just finished watching the Rosalind Franklin award lecture, "The
quandary of the quark" by Professor Christine Davies of The
University of Glasgow - while I did my hour of exercise on the
treadmill.  Started too simple, but a nice level of detail reached
about halfway through, discussing some of the complexities of modeling
quarks with supercomputers.

There are about 30 lectures there - about 150 miles of treadmill -
and that should get me through January and February.  There are
also some nifty lectures here:

http://www.newton.cam.ac.uk/webseminars/

Where else are there good collections of 30 minute to 90 minute
webcasts or podcasts of scientific seminars, or seminars about
linux, or ...?  Is there a website or wiki that points at these
other sites?  If not, should I build one?