[PLUG-TALK] Software Patents

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Feb 14 01:43:47 UTC 2005

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> Trade secret law is nothing more than the abuse of state power on
> behalf of monied interests.  There is no public benefit whatsoever.
> Patent gives the public full disclosure in exchange for the
> restriction of natural rights (free implementation of ideas).  Trade
> secret has no such barter. The rights of the people are restricted for
> the benefit of a few.

In plain english, I'd like to know why, if I know something, you have a
"right" to the information.

Why should you benefit from my time and effort to gain said knowledge?

Just curious.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #4 (Collect all 25)
"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful." - Annette Funicello