[PLUG-TALK] European Software Patents Soundly Defeated

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 7 20:21:20 UTC 2005

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> The European patent organizations wanted to force US-style,
> Microsoft-approved software and business method patents on the European
> Union. The measure was soundly trashed, 648-18 , on July 5, by the European
> Parliament. I think I shall wear a beret and lederhosen to celebrate!

Keith,

    The announcement was on The Register early yesterday morning, then on
Groklaw and Reuters.

    If you want to track it on a regular basis follow
                           <http://www.groklaw.net/>.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President      | Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)  | Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"