[PLUG-TALK] OSCON spam

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Jul 28 20:02:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 10:19:38AM -0700, glen e. p. ropella wrote:

> So, has anyone else seen a bunch of spam (like below) as a result of
> registering for OSCON?  Did I do something wrong?  Perhaps I should have
> created a junk email address to give them...

I think there was an opt-out box down at the end of the reg form.
Yes, it is annoying not to have checked it, but there are one or
two exhibitors I might want to hear from in advance, and at least
the signal to noise ratio is better than 1:1million, as it is for
most UCE.  So be thankful it is limited, and let's lean on O'Reilly
to put a second email address on there for almost-Spam.