[PLUG-TALK] syslog(8) funnies

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Mar 7 00:27:46 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 21:09 -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> This may be "old joke" for many of you, but:
>
> man 8 syslogd
>
> ... ( approx. 400 lines down, under SECURITY THREATS ) ...
> -----------------------
>  5.     Use step 4 and if the problem persists and is not secondary to a
>         rogue program/daemon get a 3.5 ft (approx. 1  meter)  length  of
>         sucker rod* and have a chat with the user in question.
>
>         Sucker  rod  def.  ?  3/4,  7/8 or 1in. hardened steel rod, male
>         threaded on each end.  Primary use in the oil industry in  West-
>         ern North Dakota and other locations to pump 'suck' oil from oil
>         wells.  Secondary uses are for the construction of  cattle  feed
>         lots  and  for  dealing with the occasional recalcitrant or bel-
>         ligerent individual.
> -------------------
>
> As always, security is enhanced with the proper hardware.

Sounds like a proper application of "Phrenotherapy".

Pherenotherapy is an offshoot of Phrenology.

Phrenology is where you determine a persons personality by examining the
bumps on their head.

Phrenotherapy is where you change their personality by changing the
bumps on their head.

--
"Something MUST be done! This is something, therefore we must do it!"
                     - Bruce Baugh describing the lawmaking process