[PLUG-TALK] Do NOT extend the workplace smoking law

glen e. p. ropella gepr at tempusdictum.com
Wed Mar 9 00:51:50 UTC 2005

=><=><= "gepr" == glen e p ropella <gepr at tempusdictum.com> writes:

gepr> Is there a specific piece of legislation on the talking block?

http://landru.leg.state.or.us/05reg/measures/sb0500.dir/sb0544.intro.html
http://www.leg.state.or.us/05reg/measures/hb2400.dir/hb2496.intro.html

Perhaps these are the bills in question?  They seems to remove several
currently legitimate smoking places.

It's interesting to note that the house bill was sent to one committee
on 2/7 and the senate bill was sent to a different committee on 2/11.
Perhaps it shows my ignorance of the legislative process; but, it
seems a bit like one hand not knowing what the other is doing.
Perhaps it's just good political tactic?  If it falters in one
committee, then it still has a chance in the other?  If it falters in
the house, maybe it still has a chance in the senate?

Anyone with political savvy want to enlighten me on why what looks
like the same bill is under two different names, in two different
legislative bodies, going to two different committees?

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr