[PLUG-TALK] 6 million per year

Mark Allyn allyn at well.com
Wed May 4 00:19:41 UTC 2005

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Tue, 3 May 2005, Mark Allyn wrote:
>
> > The problems are that these guys are probably operating on a shell with a
> > shoestring (nothing to go after) and/ or operating from overseas.
>
>    I don't think so. The spammer convicted in a Virginia court earlier this
> year was making about $750,000 per month from his spamming. Multiple DSL
> lines, multiple IP addresses, multiple machines sending out about 10^6 spam
> per day. I'd love to have such shoestrings!

Rich:

I saw that as well, however, I have read somewhere, or perhaps chatted
with someone abou this and it turns out that many of these guys work
through shell companies or sites overseas to make it difficult to get
their assets.

If he's smart, he would use all rented equipment, office space  and
furnishing; incorporate up the
wazoo; and operate from oversears.

I know of someone who tried to go after someone (not a spammer) and
ended up with nothing although he did have the virdict in his favor.

Mark