[PLUG-TALK] Brazil Encourages Others to Use Linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 12 15:10:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Brent Rieck wrote:

> I don't think you can make generalizations about all computer users by
> looking at the web logs for your own low traffic website. And your own
> website statistics show 82% of your hits in April were from somebody on a
> windows machine (and 77% so far in May)

Brent,

   My intent was to question the use of such a high figure over several years
of reporting by the general news media. I don't think any specific value will
work.

   The variability is more important to publicize but we don't see this done.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)