[PLUG-TALK] Book's Out!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 12 15:48:04 UTC 2005

   I know it's not a computer-related book, such as the one written by Carla
Shroder, but it is a breakthrough in the applied science of environmental
impact assessment. Today, DHL/Airborne Express will deliver the first three
copies of, "Quantifying Environmental Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic,"
and the full first printing (about 1,000 copies) will be in Spriger-Verlag's
warehouse by next Tuesday.

   So far there is serious interest in applying the methods described in the
book by the US EPA, Forest Service Region 1 in Missoula, MT, Bureau of Land
Management in Nevada, and the Provincial Government of the Yukon Territories.
There's also interest from several metal mining companies and a couple of
electrical generating companies.

   Amazon has had it listed for several weeks now and I am trying to get
Powell's Tech Books to stock a few copies. While it's not selling for pocket
change (at least, not for most of us), it is at the bottom of Springer's
price scale for monographs in their Series on Environmental Management.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)