[PLUG-TALK] ARRRG!

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Tue May 24 03:39:22 UTC 2005

I'm so frustrated, the only saving grace, is that as a contractor I know
how long I have to put up with this nonsense, that's if I don't kill
somebody or lose my temper and get fired.  I'm working with an
organization that you would think could do a better job of developing
software.  This stuff is such unadulterated crap which is not in ad of
itself a problem, that's part of my job (as I see it) to fix this stuff.
The problem I'm having is I'm used to a structured and disciplined
environment, where people are given tasks and are responsible for areas
of the system.  If you need to make changes in a part of the system you
are not responsible for, you coordinate with the person who is
responsible for it.  This is, in my 30 years of experience, how quality
code is developed and maintained.  This outfit thinks that people should
juts go around making change to any code they see fit to change, they
don't even see any reason to tell anybody.  Their idea of a structured
development environment, is the "coding standard" this is how they think
they will develop and maintain quality code, and of course the primary
feature of this standard is ... Hungarian Notation.  Well I guess
quality can be high or low, so I guess it's quality code.

I'm not sure I can hold out, I'd bail if I could except that it would
burn some bridges BIG time.  Maybe I'll juts have to hurt somebody, say
something bad about their code.

What the heck, I'll juts give in, to hell with trying to coordinate with
anybody, I can write fortran in Hungarian notation C.
--
Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."