[PLUG-TALK] winWord Typeface

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 27 23:11:20 UTC 2005

   I find it fascinating that every time I get a winWord doc from someone
(usually an agency, but it could be a private party, too), it's always in
Times 12 pt. and there are always two spaces after each period.

   Is this the only font that comes with winWord? And, haven't folks
discovered that they are no longer using a typewriter with a monospace font
so there is no need for two spaces to distinguish sentences?

   I suppose it's just bureaucratic drone-ness at work. No imagination. Never
daring to be different. Not caring.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)