[PLUG-TALK] winWord Typeface

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Sat May 28 05:28:35 UTC 2005

On Friday May 27 2005 4:11 pm, Rich Shepard wrote:
> Is this the only font that comes with winWord? And, haven't
> folks discovered that they are no longer using a typewriter with a
> monospace font so there is no need for two spaces to distinguish
> sentences?

Flat text and email are monospace, so text conversions work out better
with two spaces afterwards.  Most people learned to type with two
spaces following a period and has more or less progressed to the
point of being modern English syntax.

> I suppose it's just bureaucratic drone-ness at work. No
> imagination. Never daring to be different. Not caring.

Or it's the only highly legable non-fugly font that comes with
Windows.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo at ursine.ca