[PLUG-TALK] TinyURL

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Nov 28 17:09:57 UTC 2005

This is a reminder to use tinyurl.com .  For those that haven't
heard of it, tinyurl is a free redirect service - you give them a
long url and they create a short one.  For example, I just got a
mailing from Guy Kawasaki about an excellent webpage that contrasts
the bloated presentations of Bill Gates with the zen-like and
effective presentations of Steve Jobs:

http://presentationzen.blogs.com/presentationzen/2005/11/the_zen_estheti.html

It took 15 seconds to convert this link into:  http://tinyurl.com/bcago

The tinyurl is compatable with the theme of the presentation itself.

The service is free and permanent, and supported by banner ads on the
side of the link creation page - there are no ads and no noticable
delay using the shortened links themselves.  There are other services
( shorurl.com , snipurl.com , notlong.com, ... see http://tinyurl.com/j
for a list ), but I use tinyurl because it is easy to remember.

Keith

PS - some of you might find Guy's mailing list of interest.  It is
mostly about startup skills, including effective presentations.