[PLUG-TALK] TinyURL

Brent Rieck bsr at spek.org
Mon Nov 28 19:53:15 UTC 2005

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> This is a reminder to use tinyurl.com

I actually dislike <some synonym for short or small>url.com urls as they
obfuscate the actual destination I'm going to.  On more than one
occasion I've clicked on one and gotten redirected to some porn popup
hell (for example), not that I'm a prude and I'm offended by naked
people, I just don't like being tricked.  I seriously doubt anybody here
would do that, but whenever I see one of the shorted urls that sounds
interesting I have to consider for a brief moment how much I trust the
person who has posted it and doesn't give me a chance to evaluate the
destination until I'm already there.

Just my perspective,
Brent