[PLUG-TALK] OSDL Linux Ona Desktop Machine Conference Headlines Business Section of Oregonian

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 29 16:19:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> Still, I've found nearly every reporter is willing to learn, and IIRC most
> of the Oregonian reporters have their email addresses at the bottom of
> their articles. He or she might welcome an invitation to join one of our
> email lists.

Ed,

   In some subjects their response is "the truth is too complicated for our
readers, so we make it easy for them." Been there; done that.

   However, it might be worth the time of the Chief PLUGger and Honorary
Penguin, with the help of other computer professionals, to offer a couple of
hour seminar and demonstration for those reporters who cover the industry.
Define terms, clear away FUD, answer questions, let them play with
applications on a linux box, give them copies of Knoppix, and build rapport.

   'Tis a good idea.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"