[PLUG-TALK] OSDL Linux Ona Desktop Machine Conference Headlines Business Section of Oregonian

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Tue Nov 29 22:59:46 UTC 2005

Rich and all,

    (1)  I deal with a number of journalists.
         Like people in other professions, some journalist are
         a pleasure to work with.  Others are a pain.
         Mike Rogoway at the Oregonian is a pleasure to work with.
         He is very professional and generally does good work.

    (2)  However, Rich you are correct.  Most journalists aren't
         highly technical, and they have a hard time understanding
         and relating to people in the Open Source world.
         Seminar/presentations with a hands-on lab oriented to
         journalists sounds interesting.
         I'm going to think about this some more.
         I think this is an idea worth exploring.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group